Diagram

 "A diagram is a graphic representation of a structure, situation, or process" ~ Lupton/Phillips
For this week's project, I decided to take a picture of the L train system within Chicago. I chose to use this picture because I think it is a great representation of a diagram. As Lupton/Phillips states, "A network, also called a graph, is a set of connections among nodes or points."(Lupton 201). We can see the connecting lines between the direction the train heads in. We can see the network of connections between the different routes and colors of each line. The flow between each line is really interesting and we notice that they all meet at the center in downtown Chicago.  The structure behind this diagram is very controlled and rigid and has a set path for the way the train system connects. I chose this picture because it means a lot to me and my hometown. From taking the L train to cubs games and St. Paddy's day to going back home after a day of fun in the city, Chicago will always hold a special place in my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Point, Line and Plane

Framing

Rhythm, Balance, Scale, Texture