Time and Motion

"Every drawing can be understood as a motion study since it is a path of motion recorded by graphic means." ~ Moholy Nagy


 For this week's project, I decided to use a photo taken of me during the summer. This picture was taken at lake geneva as I was jumping off a boat into the lake. We can see tons of motion going on in this photo. We see implied motion from me jumping off the boat. We also see minimal motion from the waves moving in the background. We can imply that the waves are moving based on the different shades of contrast in the background. This picture was taken at the perfect time as I was still airborne before crashing down into the waves. We can also see the movement of my necklace on the top of the picture as it swings upwards towards the blue sky. There can be a case made for the motion of the clouds in the blue sky. This is a great example of motion for this week's project. Lupton states that "any word or image that moves functions both spatially and temporally." This is very true of this photo of me jumping into the lake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Point, Line and Plane

Framing

Rhythm, Balance, Scale, Texture