Rhythm, Balance, Scale, Texture

 

https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll/


I chose to highlight this piece for this week's emphasis on Rhythm, Balance, Scale, and Texture. This piece was actually created by one of my roommates and I thought this would be a great platform to highlight his work. The painting itself has phenomenal rhythm as we can see the different ways the paint is splattered across the canvas. It's a very interesting concept because it has a chaotic balance to it. As sloppy as it may seem there's a certain beauty to it that catches the viewer's eyes immediately. The scale and texture of this painting seem to be kind of aggressive but has a very gentle tone to it. The way the color's mix is beautiful and reminds me of the American flag. 






Comments

  1. The texture of this piece is amazing! The painting is very chaotic yet it still manages to have a beautiful flow. Your description of the painting (aggressive and sloppy but beautiful) followed by your connection to the American flag opens a whole new meaning to the painting that I had not previously thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I'm curious about the inspiration behind it. I can understand seeing the American flag, but my first thought was that I saw waves and a shoreline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this artwork really beautiful. It gives me a sense of calm and intension at the same time. The colors blend into each other really well and I'm curious what message your friend wants to convey through this drawing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Point, Line and Plane

Framing