Layers and Transparency

"Layers are simultaneous, overlapping components of an image or sequence." ~ Lupton/Phillips


For this project, I chose to do layers between two photos of myself playing basketball. I love the concept of overlapping because it's a great tool to use for comparing and contrasting. The first photo taken is a picture of me playing basketball in 6th grade. The second photo is the most recent one of me playing basketball at Lawrence University. I was able to use pic collage to overlap the first photo over the second. I love the concept of overlapping pictures because these two pictures tell a story. A story of me growing up playing the sport I love.  The growth shown between both photos is astonishing and I'm truly proud of where I'm at today. 



"Transparency means a simultaneous perception of different spatial locations." ~ Lupton/Phillips

This second photo is a great example of transparency. Windows are the most transparent objects we have in this life. They allow us to see the outside world. We see the different spatial locations through the window, from where the hoop is located to the location of the garage and window. We are able to 'look through' them and for me, this photo is very special. I will tie this photo to the first two I portrayed earlier in this project. This entire post tells a story. A story of a kid who used to look out his window, dreaming of playing basketball at a high level one day. Seeing the hoop every day motivated me. And being transparent and honest about everything I did to get to this point in my life has truly made the difference.


 




Comments

  1. great use of this weeks theme, its crazy to see the growth in your basketball pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Point, Line and Plane

Rhythm, Balance, Scale, Texture

Framing