Color

 



"Color exists, literally, in the eye of the beholder."



For this week's assignment, I decided to take a picture of my eye. I have always found eyes fascinating and the colors that they emit are truly beautiful. We can see that my eye has a lot of complementary colors such as tones of creamy brown and shades of emerald green. "Color can convey a mood, describe reality, or codify information." (Lupton/Phillips pg. 81) After reflecting on that statement I have come to the conclusion that my eyes give off a very grounded and earthy mood. Strong yet gentle. We can see the gradual transition of color hues from light brown to soft green. The color gives off a very welcoming and cool mood. I would say there is much harmony in this picture of my eye because of how softly the transition of color changes from brown to green. We see subtle specks of black which complement the other shades present in this photo. They almost give off a disruptive pattern that contrasts very well with the green and brown. Eyes are the sole reason we are able to see color and truly are fascinating to study. 



Comments

  1. The inner brown in your eye has subtle warm undertones that really compliment the cool ones on the outer of your eye! A warm on the inside, cool on the outside moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Point, Line and Plane

Framing

Rhythm, Balance, Scale, Texture