Point, Line and Plane

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190433305@N06/ 

"A line is the track made by a moving point..."~Wassily Kandinsky

                                                        

    The point in my photo is to emphasize the subtle black speaker highlighted by the rays of light coming into the room. The natural light from the sun really emphasizes the dark nature of the speaker and the contrast is very defining. The speaker is located on top of a window sill which is considered the plane in my photo. If you take a closer look at the window itself, you can see the tiny intricate patterns of lines connecting to create a window screen. An argument can be made that the point at the beginning of the speaker and the point at the end of the speaker signify a line across the window sill plane. I chose to emphasize the speaker because music is a big part of my life. I've learned to play the guitar and have heard many songs on this speaker that have influenced me to replicate them in my own unique way.  




Comments

  1. I love how you were able to capture the line of the light ray in this image. It's really cool to be able to see how points, lines and planes operate in our natural environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the meaning you were able to give to the little speaker. It's also interesting to see the plane of the sill and the plane on the top of the speaker as parallel planes! The shapes are very defined in your image and it's definitely due to the contrast you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ray of sunlight that you were able to capture in this image, and all of the subutle lines you were able to capture. I also like how you were able to incorporate something that is important to you in the form of your speaker.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Framing

Rhythm, Balance, Scale, Texture