Framing

 "The frame is in no way a background...but neither is its thickness as margin a figure. Or at least it is a figure which comes away of its own accord."~ Jacques Derrida


For this project, I chose to photograph the ceiling of my room. This picture portrays framing in the sense that each tile square is framed out from another tile square. We can see the borders that separate each tile from another. Although this may seem bland and boring I like to look at this picture in a different way. The separation of these tiles creates an organized and solid foundation for the ceiling. Together they create a solid and complete wall whereas one would do nothing on its own. "A well-designed interface is both visible and invisible," (Lupton 100). This photo embodies this quote by Lupton because the framing of the ceiling could go unnoticed hence the similar color scheme between the tiles and the borders separating each tile. It feels good knowing that the sturdy foundation of these borders and tiles won't fall on me in the middle of the night. I can thank "framing" for that. 


Comments

  1. Oh god, I feel like I was just sent back to campus seeing this image. I'm currently off campus so seeing this image really brought me back to sophomore year living in sage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how simplistic this image is and yet, it is still very relatable to the text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The text really brought this image to life for me. I thought it was just a boring shot but you really turned it around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Point, Line and Plane

Rhythm, Balance, Scale, Texture